Life, economics, politics, psychology, sociology, racism and other isms, law, history, journalism/media…all through the lens of sport.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Twitter dropped the ball

I''ve got the AFC championship game on between the Patriots and Ravens, while editing a book manuscript, and it's been a good game thus far. I'd like to tweet some of my thoughts and play reactions but, if I may borrow from the immortal words of Howard Cosell, "Down goes Twitter."

People may not know this, but one of the leading server manufacturers in the world is...Google. They came to the conclusion that their up-time was so important that they couldn't trust anyone but themselves, so they build their own servers.

Google, for all its faults, at least demonstrates clarity on what side its bread is buttered. Twitter should get their act together and build a server infrastructure to support their service promise.

For the record, I'm saying ""go Ravens."

No comments:

Post a Comment